An Independence Day to Remember!
As every patriot knows, and as Memorial Day reminds us, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.
So mark your calendars to celebrate that truth with us on Independence Day (Monday, July 4th!) with hundreds of grateful Americans at Magnalia Homestead & Farm in Stokesdale.
In addition to a spectacular fireworks show (called “The Best Show East of the Mississippi” by partial observers), there will be:
- » ParadICE Shaved Ice Truck
- » Great American Hotdog and Funnel Cake Truck
- » Green Egg Smoked Hamburger Tent
- » Cotton Candy Machine (for kids of all ages)
- » Patriotic Music (all types)
- » Colonial and Contemporary American games (stoneput competition, corn hole, archery and more!)
- » A Patriot’s Polaroid Photo Booth, with Americana Props
- » Riding Mechanical Bull
- » U.S. history Presentations in Semper Fi Hall
- » American Historical Documents on Display in the Homestead Library
- » Tractor Rides for Kids
- » Mountain Biking on Surrounding Trails
- » Kids Flag Painting Craft Table
- » Red, White & Blue Water Balloon Toss
- » Castle Bounce House» Award-winning Shows of Wonders (magic for kids and adults)
- » Animal exhibits (Barbados Sheep, Prairie Dog, Slate and Bronze Turkeys, Red Ear Slider Turtles, Polish Chicken (and her German, English and French friends), and Lionhead Rabbits)
- » Pistol Shoot Competition (pistol, 3 bullets and target provided)
- » Colonial Stew Served at Walden Cabin
- » Community Garden & Bee Hive Tour
- » Colonial Reenactors
- » Drone Demonstration
- » Big Screen Entertainment (as darkness falls)
- » Special Stage Performance
- » And More! (Full schedule will be emailed to ticketholders prior to event)
Suggested donations for tickets are $5/person, $10/couple or $20/family to help offset some of the costs for the fireworks, photo booth, bounce house, tents and other supplies. If this creates any difficulty for you, however, we have created a FREE option. We do not want the cost to deter anyone from coming, and a family has agreed to pay the cost of tickets for any who cannot afford it!
All proceeds from food and beverage purchases will benefit Magnalia Homestead Foundation’s work to host veterans for meals and lodging in 2022 and to continue building The Jubilee Barn in support of its partnership with Mount Jubilee Ministries, to help serve the special needs community in the Triad.
Tickets are being limited to 400 this year, and they will go fast! So please RSVP soon to help us plan for you and yours!
We’re excited to see you, and to celebrate together our great nation and the privilege of being Americans.