Harvest Fest at Magnalia
Come celebrate the goodness of God in the glories of Autumn — and the marking of the traditional festivals of the season — including the harvests of Fall, Reformation Day, and All Souls Day. We’ll have activities for young and old alike:
• hayrides with a cup of hot or cold apple cider
• animal exhibits, including feeding opportunities
• game field for sack races, apple bobbing, wheelbarrow races, and other fun
• purchase and paint a pumpkin (for $5 donation)
• horseback riding ($25 donation for 15-minute lesson and 15-minute trail ride for experienced riders or people 12 and over)
• guided pony rides (free for children ages 3-11)
• blacksmithing demonstrations
• farmer-themed family photo booth
• magic shows in The Pig’s Loft
• riding mechanical bull ($5 donation for kids of all ages)
• big screen stage presentation
• Pistol Shoot ($5 donation per participant: pistol/bullets provided)
• Face painting
• Floating Lanterns
• bonfires and s’mores (of course!)
Food and beverage options will include a complimentary seasonal soup at Walden Cabin and cider at The Crown & Pepper Garden Shoppe.
You can also purchase great food from The Green Egg Food Tent (sponsored by Fleet Plummer) and an Autumn Dessert Tent (sponsored by Kings Cross Church) with assorted seasonal options for a donation.
All net proceeds from the event will celebrate life by benefiting the adoption efforts of our friends Eric and Breanna Pruitt and their family, who are adopting a special needs child from Colombia, South America through Lifeline Children’s Services.
Admission is free, though per person or family donations to help with costs of the event and for the adoption are suggested. Event purchases can be made with cash or by Venmo to @PruittsAdopt.